Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What makes someone "Bad Ass"?



Good question.  
Don't think I really have a good answer though.  For me, it's a state of mind.....no one else is going to think you're bad ass if you don't think you're bad ass.  False reality?  Possibly, but do I really care.....no.  
What does annoy me though is people who will just say the words, but don't live the life.  I'm not just talking about "bad ass-ness, -dom, -ism" (whatever) either.  You have to live it.  
You know you have those friends that constantly post the bible verses, the positive affirmations, the quotes of wisdom, but in fact, they actually suck at life.  You know what?!  Just saying the words isn't going to make you a better person!!   Owning up to my faults & imperfections make me bad ass.  
So, here it is....I am an asshole.  I speak before I think, I make inappropriate jokes at inappropriate times,  and I'm not going to gush over your baby.  It doesn't mean I don't have feelings.  It just means I express them differently than you.  I am not intentionally an asshole, just to be an asshole....it's just that my sensitivity level is set at low....like, super low.  
I'm loud.  No.....really.  You get one volume....and yes, THAT IS MY INSIDE VOICE.
I'm snarky.  I will have a smart remark to make about that girl's outfit, the admin's stupidity, or whatever random rude thought pops into my head....yea, I'm looking at you Hipster Security Guard.  I know you heard me and I don't care.
I also have a one nostril bigger than the other, am the most UNphotogenic person you'll ever meet (mainly because of the nostril), and I could stand to lose 20lbs.  Would I change a thing?  Probably.  
However, this is the way God made me....take it or leave it.  I AM a Bad Ass.   

No comments:

Post a Comment