It's strange. I usually spend this day in a complete funk; loathing all of the women at work with their newly delivered flowers proudly displayed on their desk or (thanks to social media) the dozens of pics and sentiments on Facebook about their wonderful man. However, that is the case today & I'm not sure why.
I feel content. No, for another year, I do not have a significant other in my life....nor do I have any prospects. However, I have so much more!
I have the most amazing child. He fills my days with love and lots (LOTS) of laughter. He's twelve now and there is no teenage angst in sight (yet). Not only that, but he's healthy....this child has missed 1 day of school since kindergarten due to illness!
Equally awesome, I'm healthy. I have a job I love that requires me to be 100% healthy to do it. Aside from a week missed due to a sprained ankle, I have been fortunate enough to continue teaching for going on 7 years.
I have a wonderfully supportive family (who are healthy as well!), who I get to see every single day. I didn't grow up with grandparents in my life and I just think of how blessed Keaton is to grown up with them.
My group of friends are astounding! They make me laugh, they put up with my nonsense, and they will always be there for me to lend me a should to cry on, an ear to listen, or just drink a beer with me. Seriously, I could name 10 people off of the top my head that I could call right now and they would drop everything to come help me. Wow!
I am financially secure. I own my own house....my car.....my student loans! It means a lot to me to be able to provide for my son. I was a 22 year old college graduate....& single mom. It was a pretty scary few years not knowing what I was going to do.
Seriously, the list could go on & on. I am blessed. Why would I get depressed on a day that has to do with love?! I love my family, my friends....the people in my life. So, another year has come and gone and I am STILL single.....oh, well. Maybe next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment